1. Finally, brothers, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you.
2. And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men, for not everyone has faith.
3. But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.
4. We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command.
5. May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.
6. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.
7. For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you,
8. nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you.
9. We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to follow.
10. For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: ""If a man will not work, he shall not eat.''
11. We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies.
12. Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat.
13. And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right.
14. If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.
15. Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.
16. Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
17. I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand, which is the distinguishing mark in all my letters. This is how I write.
18. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.